Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bubbles....

No, it's not my stripper name. ~wink~

It is what promises made these days have become. They are as substantial as bubbles in the wind.

In the olden days, your word and promise was as substantial as stone.

I don't like making promises that I can't keep. I do my damnedest to keep my promises or why make them in the first place.

When asked if I will do something, I try to use words like maybe, try, have to see, and if it can be arrange. All of those will not lock me into making a promise that I couldn't keep at the time.

When promises are broken over and over again, pieces of trust in that person is lost along the way until no trust is found that person.

People say they have changed, instead of thinking "yes they have", now it is "prove it before I believe you".

Lack of trust in any and all people is really the worse thing to think of family, friends and acquaintances.

I refuse to be a person that someone says "Don't trust her. She will screw you 3 ways to Sunday".

I'm curious.

When you hang with someone who is totally untrustworthy and can't keep their word or promise, when does their reputation rub off on you and you become known as having their same character traits?

Trust is important to me. This world is lacking it in many ways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. Very thought provoking.

    I am sad that you still think that others have to prove their honesty to you. I understand it. I really do but I like to say that I am who I am and I will trust you until you cause me to otherwise make the decision not to.

    What I mean is that I fully trust anyone from the beginning and always unless they show cause for otherwise. Once the distrust or lies come into play then I calmly place them into a totally separate category in my life. What that means is I have my walls up. The hurt can't get in.

    Forgiveness can happen but learning how to survive is a whole other topic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I trust too easily sometimes which is why I am easily hurt and disappointed, but I know how to get past the ones who break their promises and word.

    ReplyDelete